Friday, May 29, 2020

tricks to remember part 1

And for me, NOTES were all about making tougher things simpler through mnemonics.

Yeah buddies, I didn't make notes to cram those lines of the books, what I did was make some mnemonics or asked my teachers to make them for me and that's what I noted down, and I can proudly say that my methodology wasn't at all wrong.

Let me give you an example.

We all know that there are 12 pairs of cranial nerves. When the question is asked Name the 8th cranial nerve.

After some recalling and scratching our head, we write Auditory.

Agreed that it's a bit tough to recall them but what I did was just memorize the first letters of all the nerves and came up with OOOPTAFAGVAH. A bit tough but ok, now comes the second part of the question What's the nature of the 8th cranial nerve.

This one is damn tough to recall, whether it's sensory or motor or is it both.

Now here comes the mnemonic

“Some Say Marry Money But My Brother Says Big Brains Matter More”

There are 12 words in this sentence which correspond to the 12 pairs of cranial nerves. The 1st alphabet of each word signifies the nature i.e., S for Sensory, M for Motor, B for Both.

So now you can proudly say that The 8th cranial nerve is Auditory and it is sensory in nature.

Another example……..

I liked this one because of the sentence, it's just a bit funny to me. ( Mind it guys, no community has been a pointed out or criticized in this mnemonic, it's just for the sake of reducing complexity)

As you can see in the pic, it gives a easy method to memorize the name of some of the elements which give negative flame test. I am not elaborating on this, you can have a good idea by just giving a single look.

Moving onto our last example……..

Three cheers to the subject at which I suck, Inorganic Chemistry.

So, in this mnemonic I tried to memorize the formulas of some basic oxoacids of Phosphorus by making a chart. I will give a brief description of this table. First things first,

HOP in the vertical line…

H - Hypo, O - Ortho, P - Pyro.

HPO in the horizontal line…

H - Hydrogen, P - Phosphorus, O - Oxygen.

S stands for Oxoacids ending with ……rous

C stands for Oxoacids ending with ……Ric

And the numbers are basically the atoms.

So, I think you got it, right !

Write the formula of Pyrophosphoric Acid

  • H4P2O7

No comments:

Post a Comment